Skip to main content

Muslim youths attack carpenter for eating during fasting


There was confusion in some parts of
Kakuri, in Kaduna South Local Government
Area, when a 41-year-old carpenter, Mr.
Francis Emmanuel Francis, almost lost his
right eye on Tuesday following an attack
on him by Muslim youths for not observing
the Ramadan fast.
This is coming barely a week after a 74-
year-old, Mrs Bridget Agbahime, was
murdered in Kano for allegedly
blaspheming Prophet Mohammed.
An eyewitness account had it that the
carpenter courted trouble for himself when
he was spotted by some Muslim boys in
the Sokoto Road area of Kakuri, at about
2.30pm, eating when others were supposed
to be observing the fast. This drew the ire
of the youth who started beating him.
Emmanuel, according to the eyewitness,
was given the beating of his life and
subsequently rushed to the St. Gerard
Catholic Hospital, where he is currently
receiving medical treatment.
He was inflicted with deep machete cuts
on his head and other parts of his body
during the incident.
Narrating his ordeal to journalists from his
hospital bed, Emmanuel said he was taking
his launch when the boys, numbering about
six, descended on him on the grounds that
he was not fasting.
He said, “I went to buy wood to do some
work. When I came back, I bought food to
eat. As I was eating, about six Hausa boys
came and asked me whether I was a
Muslim or a Christian. I did not answer
them. They asked me why I was not
fasting. I told them that I am not a Muslim.
“Before I know it, one of them slapped me.
As I stood up, the rest came and
surrounded me and started attacking me
with knives. I didn’t know them. Nobody
could come to my aid because of the type
of dangerous knives they were carrying.
“They used cutlasses, scissors and knives.
I became unconscious; I don’t even know
who brought me to the hospital.”
Source: punchng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbalist kills 13-year-old boy in juju experiment

A 26-year-old herbalist, Ekene Oluka, allegedly killed a 13-year-old, Obumuneme Oluka, while testing his anti-bullet charm on the deceased at Amagu-Uwani, Mgboko, Aku of Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area, Enugu State. It was reported that the herbalist fled after the incident. The herbalist had, at different occasions, successfully tested his charms, which was said to protect against bullets and cutlass, on the young man. Confirming the incident, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement said the command had activated a manhunt for the fleeing herbalist. Amaraizu said: “The herbalist, Ekene Oluka, from the same kindred with the deceased, had allegedly tested his charms for protection against guns on the deceased. It was further gathered that the suspect had earlier tested that of cutlass on the deceased, which allegedly worked out for him. “However, this time it did not work, which caused severe injury on the head of the de...

10 nutritional benefits of banga soup

Nutritional benefits: 1. Palm oil in banga soup is very rich in vitamin K that plays important role in blood clot. It is essential for building strong bones and prevents heart disease. 2. The vitamin K , which contains antioxidant present in palm kernel Juice prevents cancer. 3.Vitamin K properties contributes to prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Vitamin K improves insulin sensitivity. 4. Magnesium content in palm kernel juice play important role in over 300 enzymatic reactions with the body including the metabolism of food and synthesis of fatty acids and proteins. 5. Magnesium is involved in neuromuscular transmission and the activity of muscle relaxation. No wonder after consuming a plate of banga soup there is general body relaxation. 6.In the elderly, intake of banga soup made with palm kernel juice helps to prevent the prevalent of insulin resistance (diabete), coronary heart disease( heart failure, abnormal heart rhythm), metabolic syndrome and osteoporosis...

Benin residents instructed not to cook with fire on Sunday

Oba of Benin The Benin Traditional Council has instructed residents not to cook with fire on Sunday, June 5, as part of activities for continuation of the 15 days funeral rites for late Monarch, Oba Erediauwa. The instruction is contained in a statement issued by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council, Mr Frank Irabor, made available on Friday in Benin. Irabor stated that Sunday would be the day of Edenagberen- Mwiwu in the royal funeral rites programme and as such, there would be no cooking with fire, in accordance with Benin customs and tradition. He then called on Benin indigenes and non-indigenes in the kingdom to observe the Igberimwin rite.