Skip to main content

Six Lagos State Hospitality Establishments Closed for Contravening Statutory Registration and Non-payment of Annual Permits


The Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture on Saturday closed six hospitality establishments for contravening statutory registration and non-payment of annual permits.

the Head of Hotel Licensing Directorate of the ministry, Ms Barbara Wey, told the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) in Lagos that the offence contravened sections 4 and 9 of hotel licensing directorate.

the locations of the outfits sealed were listed and it include – Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Airport road and Ogba axis.

According to Wey, event centres, Nite clubs and hotels were closed during the three-day operation, which started on November 16.
The team head:
“Some of them refused to register their hospitality outfits and event centres after several notifications and contravention notices served by the state government since 2012,’’
Wey added;
“All defaulting tourism and hospitality operators are enjoined to comply with the registration process and pay all accrued dues to the state government,’’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herbalist kills 13-year-old boy in juju experiment

A 26-year-old herbalist, Ekene Oluka, allegedly killed a 13-year-old, Obumuneme Oluka, while testing his anti-bullet charm on the deceased at Amagu-Uwani, Mgboko, Aku of Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area, Enugu State. It was reported that the herbalist fled after the incident. The herbalist had, at different occasions, successfully tested his charms, which was said to protect against bullets and cutlass, on the young man. Confirming the incident, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement said the command had activated a manhunt for the fleeing herbalist. Amaraizu said: “The herbalist, Ekene Oluka, from the same kindred with the deceased, had allegedly tested his charms for protection against guns on the deceased. It was further gathered that the suspect had earlier tested that of cutlass on the deceased, which allegedly worked out for him. “However, this time it did not work, which caused severe injury on the head of the de...

Benin residents instructed not to cook with fire on Sunday

Oba of Benin The Benin Traditional Council has instructed residents not to cook with fire on Sunday, June 5, as part of activities for continuation of the 15 days funeral rites for late Monarch, Oba Erediauwa. The instruction is contained in a statement issued by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council, Mr Frank Irabor, made available on Friday in Benin. Irabor stated that Sunday would be the day of Edenagberen- Mwiwu in the royal funeral rites programme and as such, there would be no cooking with fire, in accordance with Benin customs and tradition. He then called on Benin indigenes and non-indigenes in the kingdom to observe the Igberimwin rite.

Check out the list of the heaviest people in the World

Jon Brower Minnoch(USA) : Jon Brower Minnoch (1941-1983) is the number one heaviest man of all time. At its highest weight, weighed about 635 kg. Khalid Bin Mohsen Shaari(Saudi Arabia): the second heaviest person in recorded history at 610 kg (1345 lbs), behind Jon Brower Minnoch . Manuel Uribe: He is the third heaviest weighing 597 Kg. He hails from Mexico City. Carol Yager: She weighs 544 Kg. She is from United States Walter Hudson - 543 Kg(United States) Francis John Lang - 538 Kg(United States) Michael Hebranko - 499 Kg(United States) Patrick Deuel - 486 Kg (United States) Robert Earl Hughes - 485 Kg